Tuesday 21 June 2011

Kirby Muxloe/Kirby Mexico

“Hey, Rosita, I have to go shopping downtown for my mother,
she needs some Tortillas and Chilli Pepper!"

Back in 1962, when we wandered round the playground singing ‘Speedy Gonzalez’, I don’t think any of us little British kids had a clue what tortillas or chilli peppers were [I hope we didn’t understand the line about the ‘Floozie Named Flo’ either!].

30daysofcreativityBut now I find that I almost always have tortillas in the freezer, cupboard or breadbin. they are so useful. Most often I make them into wraps for packed lunches- but today I was being extra creative. Bob really enjoyed the quesadillas he ate in Giraffe in Norwich at half term, so I tried making some this evening.

The Real Simple website has some helpful suggestions, and I used some cooked chicken, chopped tomatoes, and sweet chilli sauce. I baked them in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 180ºC. Bob’s had grated cheddar, mine had Laughing Cow Extra Light Triangles [please note LCELCT do not melt into a gooey sauce, but never mind] I made a huge green salad to go with the quesadillas.0107MLS16

Forgot to photograph before we ate them, but they looked something like this internet picture – and were surprisingly delicious.

I’ve never eaten enchiladas or drunk tequila!

3 comments:

  1. What timing! Tonight, at church, is our welcome dinner for the Mexican migrant workers, followed by a service in Spanish.
    The meal will be enchiladas!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Mexican restaurants around every corner. I love nachos and enchiladas! Tequila I can live without, however! Your dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have tortillas regularly - hot or cold and with a variety of fillings. Last night we had strips of steak with stir-fried veg & sweet chili sauce. Very tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!