Wednesday 1 June 2011

Trying To Make Something Of Myself

30 DAYS blogbutton

30 Days of Creativity is a social initiative encouraging people to create stuff (anything) every day for 30 days in June.
Your brain is like a muscle. When you exercise it, it gets stronger

I have decided that I am going to join this group – just to see what I can make. I admit that there may be days when I just make a mess, simply make a pot of tea, or perhaps make a fool of myself – but the website is very encouraging.

Here are some 30 good reasons for taking part listed on the website

Garner a sense of accomplishment.
Form a (good) habit.
Conquer the fear of the unknown.
Find new friends.
Solve problems
.
Refine your skills.
Experiment with something new
.
Defeat the resistance that’s in your head.
Save £££ by being creative.
Build your portfolio.
Motivate friends and family to be creative too.
Exercise the creativity we’re all born with.
Overcome writer’s block.
Utilize the craft equipment/fabric/etc you bought years ago.
Break the monotony of not doing anything creative.
Make your family proud.
Network with other like-minded people.
Challenge yourself daily.
Show off and be proud of your creative work.
Join a creative community.
Do something free of judgment.
Move beyond your comfort zone
Inspire others.
Get excited about new things.
Improve time management.
Eliminate procrastination.
Have fun.
Gain self discipline.
Create stuff you have planned anyway                                Use this as an excuse to buy new kit

If you are anxious about committing to this, here is a simple warm up exercise…

30days cartoon 

Step 1. Copy this picture

Step 2. Have your creative way with it.

Step 3. Share.

Go!

3 comments:

  1. I like it! I'll have to pop over to the website. You are already so creative, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea. I'm not participating because I already have enough projects on the go, but anything that encourages people to be practically creative every day gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this were to be held during the winter I would have more time and be able to take part, it looks challenging and fun.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!