Monday 27 June 2011

If You Can’t Stand The Heat…

I just do not cope at all well with this sticky heat – my sympathies are with Catriona who has been suffering much worse than I. It is exactly two years this week since I posted about being Too Darn Hot.

One positive thing – the Plaster Plaques are drying faster. Another good thing - the sewing machine has been despatched to Eccles, and the borrowed one has been working extremely well.

But I am only operating at half speed.

Feeling as hot as Kate Hepburn in African Queen [I shall follow her wise example – get rid of the gin, and drink lots of reviving tea]

it’s showing at a cinema in Eastleigh, Hampshire tonight!

Decided that it is nearly as hot as it was when I went to Seville with Steph, so our meal tonight was a tapas selection…

DSCF1861

chorizo, black and green olives, hummus, green salad of romaine, cucumber,  spring onion, celery, rice salad, tomatoes and roasted red peppers [sprinkled with greek basil]

and finally some Scottish oatcakes – which have nothing to do with tapas but are delicious spread with hummus! It was quick and easy and just enough to provide two platefuls of cool food – no slaving over a hot stove for hours. And I had such fun arranging all my little dishes on the Lazy Susan.

[btw - why is it called a “Lazy Susan”? I can think of three Susans in our church and they are all incredibly industrious women who work really hard]

4 comments:

  1. Lazy Susan is a very unfair name for such a handy serving gadget! I love The African Queen. I must watch it again. I loved all that tea drinking.
    I'm sorry it's so hot! It's hot here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweltering down south, too! Hope you will come and join my giveaway with a summery theme ...

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any meal that makes you sweat/perspire/glow will actually cool you down.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your tapas supper. It looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!