Thursday 16 June 2011

What A Weekend!

A few pictures of my fabulous trip to London

Here’s the brilliant Floss

DSCF1771

Who arranged we should all meet here on Saturday morningv&a

for this [there were seven of us ‘blogfriends’ on the trip]

v&A

then after lunch five of us went to this

1951 & 2011

they had fountains outside [I didn’t repeat this!]

DSCF1773

and inside a 1950’s room set [where they were playing 1960’s music, like Helen Shapiro and Telstar]

DSCF1780

and they had a Metamec clock like my Mum’s, made in Norfolk

DSCF1781

and a lovely bit of embroidery

DSCF1783

finally, three of us had dinner here, in Carnaby Street

leon carnaby st

Thank you Floss for arranging it all!

On Sunday, Liz and I went to Spitalfields, and Brick Lane Market. She ate a Japanese spinach and cheese pancake [called okonomyaki]

DSCF1787

and I had a huge plate of Ethiopian food – various salads [green split peas, aubergines, chickpeas, all sorts of stuff…]

DSCF1788

The Security Dog was very friendly

DSCF1791

And then I drove home in the rain!

2 comments:

  1. What fun! I am sad that I had to go home early ...

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so lovely to meet everyone, share stories and see bloggers in real life!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!