Monday 11 May 2009

To Boldly Go...

star trek

It's Monday and Bob has been working so hard, I promised him I would accompany him to the new Star Trek Film. I do not share his passion for Science Fiction stuff - but I have to say I really did enjoy this one.

Very well made, a credible 'prequel' and brilliantly cast - they were quite believable as 'young' Kirk, Spock, Bones, Uhura and Scotty!! Ben Cross was good as Spock's Dad [I have thought he was good ever since 'Chariots of Fire'] I notice they couldn't keep Leonard Nimoy out of it though.

Lots of nods to other classic cinema [even 'Thelma and Louise', and 'Bambi'!] as well as the predictable Star Trek cliches.

I am sure Bob will put a proper review on his blog shortly [the Times gave it a 5* rating, and justifiably so, I think] So I shall simply say - go and see it, enjoy it...and live long and prosper!

3 comments:

  1. Crikey - Ang - Star Trek ?????????
    Now that must be love!
    Did you give such a comprehensive film critique to prove you were not really smooching on the back row?????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me ? smooching on the back row?
    There were only about 6 other people in there, and I'm not sure it would do much for our reputation [teacher and clergyman ejected from local cinema for impropriety!] and it costs SO much for a ticket these days, I daren't take my eyes off the screen.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!