Saturday 4 July 2009

Good Ol' Rosie Lee

 cornrose  An interesting piece on the BBC News Website this morning...

"Drinking three or more cups of tea a day is as good for you as drinking plenty of water and may even have extra health benefits, say researchers."

Well didn't I always say that? Only two days ago, I was extolling the virtues of tea. The picture is a "Hornsea Cornrose" cup and saucer. I have a complete set of this stuff - thirty years ago it was the china on our wedding list. Sadly it was discontinued about 10 years later, but I have managed to replace the 2 pieces that got broken, and pick up a few odd extra bits. I always look in charity shops "just in case"! It is very durable. back in the 70's, there was an awful lot of beige and brown stuff around!

A sentence at the end of the BBC article amused me

"The Tea Council provided funding for the work. Dr Ruxton stressed that the work was independent."

But would they have still published the report if it had reached less favourable conclusions?

1 comment:

  1. Good point! I think maybe not.
    I heard one of the TV Doctors, amybe Alice Roberts, say much the same thing recently.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!