Wednesday 30 December 2009

Matthew 4:4

I have received a new, very biblical apron! as a Christmas gift!

DSCF1092

It is made of that wonderful fabric with plants from the Bible

DSCF1093

Meanwhile, we were in Lakeland in Norwich, and Bob found something exciting in the sale…

DSCF1090

It gets its name from the passage in Ezekiel 4…

“Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself”

It seems highly appropriate to me that a breadmaking preacher should buy this and make a loaf. What I haven’t checked with Bob yet, is whether he is following the rest of the instructions in that chapter - about ‘lying on your left side for 390 days’ [actually, with his bad shoulder, I am not sure he could manage 390 minutes right now]

Both girls now safely back in London – although Liz and Jon’s train initially pulled out of Nottingham going north not south, and when Steph’s train arrived in Norwich this morning, she found that her ticket was booked for a seat in a non-existent carriage, so they had to find her another seat ! Maybe they should forsake the railways and learn to drive. It has been lovely having them with us this week!

5 comments:

  1. That's the same fabric as my quilted teacosy! Never seen the flour mix before though!

    Glad your girls got home safely, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE to drive here. No trains. We worry about road conditions, gas prices, wear and tear on vehicles. I like the idea of trains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mum has a tea-cosy in that print. She didn't notice for quite a while that it had Bible verses on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Angela!
    I'm sorry but I can't find your e-mail address..I just wanted to say thank you for your lovely giveaway parcel, thank you so much!
    Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michela- Happy New Year to you too - I thought ofyou when we saw Veniceon The BBC - hope the floods have not affected you too much x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!