Wednesday 2 May 2012

Indulgence

There are days when a woman needs a little treat.

Like after an Inspection in school.

Forget the diet. Forget the calories [I’d even say ‘forget the expense’ but they were only 69p, on offer, in Wilkinsons]

tunnocks

Tunnock’s Caramel Wafers [five million sold every day!] are a simple pleasure – and it was utterly, unspeakably delightful to sit down with Bob, a pot of tea, and a Tunnock this afternoon.

tunnock 2

If you live in a far flung outpost of humanity that does not have these wondrous comestibles, then you have my deepest sympathies! But I understand they have spread far and wide across the globe. The website is bi-lingual [and would be a good tool for encouraging children with their French!]

Please don’t expect anything more coherent from me this evening, I am in that blissful state of utter collapse that comes at the end of a stressful day. However I have TWO consecutive meetings tonight [not sure I shall make any meaningful contribution to either of them!]

15 comments:

  1. No more inspections for me. People who work in schools should not be put through this stress. Eat the whole pack, you deserve it.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better!....except a Tunnock's Teacake.....kept in the fridge so the chocolate crackles as you're eating it.....ask me how I know this!Enjoy.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as keen on the teacakes. I AM trying to find a source of DARK chocolate caramel wafers though. Any ideas?

      Delete
  3. These can be eaten on a calorie controlled diet. 0 calories if eaten in the car!!!!!!!!
    Delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise that food eaten in the car has less calories. I knew the less calories rule applies to food eaten at the church hall though!

      Delete
  4. My grandma always had a supply of caramel wafers on hand - one of those and a cup of milky tea and I was one happy nipper - she was the best!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspection...as in Ofsted? Well in that case you deserve chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me a Tunnock caramel wafer - a king amongst biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe a trip back to the store for more?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The meetings went well. And I confess to eating two slices of chocolate cake AND a chocolate digestive biscuit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My secret and I hide the from the ravenous hordes of young men that are my children.

    One local supermarket sells them here in Alberta. In the Import/Specialty aisle in the Newfoundland section! Newfies love them and Lee's Snowballs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the marvellously alliterative slogan: "Tons of Taste in a Tunnock's".

    Food eaten at quilt group is also calorie-free. And I believe that a stressful day cancels out 75% of any calories consumed before midnight of said day. Hope yours ended well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mais c'est bizarre! J'ai jamais vu un biscuit comme ça en france! Pourquoi le site-web en français?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pour les Canadiens ? Ou les Madagascans?
      Je ne sais pas!

      Delete
  12. I love Tunnocks caramel wafers...they are one of the things I ask people to bring out when they come. Did you know broken biscuits don't have any calories either? I believe they all run out through the broken edges!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!