Sunday 17 July 2011

Every Step of The Way

DSCF1931

On Wednesday night I learned

  • that I had to keep on running – what mattered was enduring to the end, not necessarily my style or speed
  • that it was important to run for a purpose being sponsored for a Charity meant I felt I was helping others, not just myself
  • that having a friend beside me, supporting me, made all the difference – I ran better, and it really helped in the uphill climbs having her words of encouragement
  • that everyone who got to the end got a medal, however young or old, however fast or slow

In the Christian race,

  • we are called on to persevere to the end . Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.
  • we are running for a God-given purpose, and our lives should help others and bring them closer to God too I do not run like someone running aimlessly
  • the Lord is beside us, every step of the way, encouraging and supporting They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength…they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
  • he has an imperishable crown for each of us at the end There is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing

… and that’s what I shall be telling the children in church at Groby this morning

May I run the race before me, strong and brave to face the foe

Looking only unto Jesus as I onward go…

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that they will be able to relate to that through your own experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! You have an international pulpit. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!