Tuesday 5 July 2011

The Love For Three Oranges**

flaming june

Last week’s post featuring ‘Flaming June’ has started me thinking about the colour orange.

Here’s the painting again. Bob does not like this at all – he cannot understand my fondness for romantic, and pre-Raphaelite stuff.

He would certainly not have recent enjoyed the V&A trip with Floss and co as much as I did!

But the other evening, I spotted so much orange as I was preparing our evening meal, I had to take pictures…

The oranges in the fruit basket

DSCF1888

The gerbera on the dining table

DSCF1883

The handles of my Fiskars Kitchen Scissors

DSCF1886

The packaging of Sainsbury’s basic spaghetti

DSCF1889

The lid of my Le Creuset Casserole [wedding gift, 1979]

DSCF1887

The wonderfully retro M&S tray [another wedding gift]

DSCF1890

Bob unexpectedly took a picture of me at the meal table – still more orange things to spot!

ang

**finally, here is Prokofiev playing the March from his suite

I shall have to think about doing more colour-themed posts…

5 comments:

  1. you look so slim! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely you with orange beads and summer sunny smile! Now I know where you are in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say the kindest things! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I do like orange! I had an orange coat when I was a child and even though it probably made me look pale, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all bright colours and orange especially. I have quite a bit of orange fabric and cannot bear to cut it

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!