Monday 25 July 2011

Saving Amy

This morning, I picked up this book on a table in The Works.

SavingAmyBook

It was published last year, and now reduced from £9.99 to just 99p. The blurb on the back says “it is a sympathetic look at the reality of a family dealing with addiction” Last week, I’d have walked straight past – but this week, I stopped, and bought it.

There’s a quote from Amy inside

…I want to do something with the talents I’ve been blessed with...I want people to hear my voice, and just forget their troubles for five minutes”

Do read Jim’s thoughtful post here – which says it all much better than I can. RIP Amy

2 comments:

  1. We created and uphold the society she lived and died in. We need to change.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sad lost soul she was.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!