Friday 8 July 2011

News Of The World

Went off to Thompson’s Shop first thing – as the sign says, they are

DSCF1904

Mark and Marie let me put up a Holiday Bible Club Display Window. They are always so kind about enabling me to advertise things in the shop. It helps to remind the village folk what we are doing at church.

DSCF1906

We had a good natter about Murdoch and the NOW affair – and especially how a lot of people will have their livelihoods affected even if they were not directly involved in the phone-hacking. And how sometimes it appears that the evil people get away with it.

It was very wet – a house a few doors down from the shop had a deflated dinghy in the front garden – was he expecting floods?

DSCF1907

Home again, and housework – then Chris arrived. After lunch she and I went to IKEA and pottered around the sale. Not much of interest this time. Weather got much worse. Sent Liz a text, without proof-reading it. She was concerned I was at IKEA in ‘heavy pain’!!

Home for tea, and helping Bob get ready for the Family Service. While he was at Music Practice, and Chris watched a Question of Sport, I ran on the treadmill.

Really pleased to say I did 3.25 miles. I will manage the distance next Wednesday, I will! Working on my Positive Mental Attitude.

4 comments:

  1. I have no doubt about your positive attitude! It's your health I'm worried about. Please don't overdo it after this bout with the sore throat. Glad to hear you are out and about. Wish we needed that dinghy here, but the drought continues. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had not said it was a dinghy,
    may never have noticed,
    At first glance it looked like a old sofa
    or bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better and back on the old treadmill! Good luck on Wednesday and I look forward to reading about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quote from a f/b friend

    It turns out the Daily Mail uses 5x as much illegally-gathered info as the News of the World (p9 of the report) - so i do hope people don't boycott the NOTW and buy the Daily Fail thinking it's a superior paper... We need a rethink of our media people. Don't be fooled!
    http://bit.ly/r0GgkI
    www.ico.gov.uk

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!