Thursday 7 July 2011

Flying Baptist Dutchman?

A wonderful item on the Baptist E-news Sweep yesterday caught my eye. The position of a crucial comma makes it sound so different,

The Baptist Times have an exciting opportunity for those aged 16 - 25 who attend a Baptist church to have the experience of a lifetime sailing on a tall ship, next April.

flying dutchman

Let’s try again…

The Baptist Times have an exciting opportunity for those aged 16 - 25 who attend a Baptist church to have the experience of a lifetime, sailing on a tall ship, next April.

Now, having seem a picture of the actual ship, I am beginning to wonder if my original reading of the text was correct [more here]

tallship

2 comments:

  1. Re your comment on my blog, Sirdar pattern leaflet 9135 has socks on two needles, which I knitted - very easy. I also did do a tutorial on knitting in the round - it really is not difficult, and if I can do it anyone can - the good thing is that you don't have to purl!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have sailed in a tall ship, however, Wagner was not at the wheel!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!