Tuesday 19 July 2011

Faith, Hope, and Charity [Shopping]

Lakota, over at the F,H & CS blog recently organised a swap. The rules were that you had to include some charity shop bargains, crafty bits and something handmade. My partner was Pene up in Scotland. She is a Very Generous lady. This morning a parcel arrived

DSCF1957

Inside the parcel were beautifully wrapped packages…

DSCF1958

…first, I opened a handmade card…

DSCF1959

Then, with mounting excitement, I opened the gifts

…two vintage crochet doilies

DSCF1960

…a lovely green necklace

DSCF1961

..and from Pene’s stash, two little packs of coordinating crafty bits

DSCF1963DSCF1964

…and at the bottom of the box, a large flat parcel

DSCF1965

…I was whooping with glee at this one. Believe it or not, friends, I actually picked up a copy of this yesterday! I looked at in the Charity Shop in Leicester, but reluctantly decided that this month, finances didn’t warrant buying it. And here it is – all the way from Scotland. I feel so blessed. Thank you Pene for your thoughtfulness

DSCF1966

And thanks, Lakota, for organising the swap.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it - you've got some fantastic bits and pieces from Pene there, how incredible she sent you the very book you'd been after! The card is lovely too. I'm going to do a similar swap nearer to Christmas if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing loot! And how funny that the book you looked at and wanted showed up on your doorstep. I love stories like that.

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angela, what a lucky girl you are . In all my blogging swaps I have only recieved 1 postcard and 1 12" patchwork block . both lovely swaps but !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how lovely. I do like that sort of swap.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!