Sunday 3 July 2011

Stand Up, Speak Up, Shut Up!

kmfc

That’s the advice they often give to public speakers.

Off to church with very mixed feelings this morning- my throat is still rather sore and speaking hurts. But it is my last time as a Sunday School teacher for the foreseeable future. I must go

Requests for lay preaching from other churches are so frequent now, that I really believe I cannot manage both. Fortunately it is KFC today – Kirby Fried Church – when all the children and young people worship together in the Hall as the adults are in the chapel. So my main role is crowd control and encouragement and being a ‘responsible adult’. Hopefully I shan’t have to say much, or say it too loudly! Then afterwards it is the Church Summer Picnic. Sun’s shining. I’ve put my sunhat and Bob’s panama in the bag.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon Angela, it is awful when you have to go out feeling so sick!! {{hugs}}
    Jilly oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the sunshine and I hope your throat is better soon, Angela!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!