Thursday 26 May 2011

Dying For Some Marmite

vintage poster

Tom Clark, writing in The Guardian this week about the Marmite ban, refers back to an article he wrote five years ago. He quotes a DANISH PERSON on the subject of this wondrous spread. I have tracked down the chap’s name. One Alexander Benckendorff of Aarhus, Denmark, said

I LUV Marmite. I luv Marmite, I want to be buried in a Marmite jar. I luv Marmite, I luv Marmite, I luv Marmite, O God, I luv Marmite.

What is this poor chap to do now?

paddington

I must check with my missionary friends about the availability of Marmite in Peru, as Paddington is obviously keen on the stuff as well!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps Paddington put on too much weight eating so much marmalade, and had to switch to a healthier version!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!