Tuesday 14 June 2011

I Can Bear It No Longer…

30daysofcreativity

I have to reveal what this WIP is all about…The custom among the Year 6 leavers is to get everyone to sign their school sweatshirt on the last day. they then keep these grubby items in a drawer ‘to remind them of Primary School’ – and a few years later discard them.

Most of the Staff do not like this custom – the children use the school pens to write on the fabric, and, quite frankly, the shirts end up looking a mess, and the signatures tend to be illegible.

I had an idea – having dressed the Barnaby Bears for School [and the French Christmas Bears for my ‘other’ school]

DSCF0001

DSCF0005

I suggested to the Head that if children brought me their teddy plus a sweatshirt, I could make a mini sweatshirt plus a mini autograph book [for a nominal charge – some of which would go to charity, and some to School Funds] She liked the idea. I have now finished 10 bears. I have another five [thus far] waiting to be completed

Here are a batch of six bears plus their little books…

DSCF1794

As you can see, the bears vary considerably in size and shape – but I am enjoying the challenge, and the children like the result.

5 comments:

  1. If I send you my bear, and a Tshirt......??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an excellent idea. My son and daughter's signed shirts still hang in a wardrobe here and you are right they are messy. Notice that they hang in a wardrobe here, at Mum's house, even though they flew the nest years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What fortunate children they are... I don't envy you if the whole year group decide they want their teddies dressed up.

    Much, much better than scrawling all over their clothes. I still have my autogrpah book from when I was eleven, and still enjoy looking at it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE never did any thing like that (signing shirts) at school...our sixth form dresses looked like the same material the lower 6th's form room curtains were made from. Enough of a reminder, thank you. The teddy bear idea is wonderful.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you find the time to fit everything in! The teddies look great, but a lot of work especially with them all being different sizes. This is a great idea, wish someone had thought of it before, I now have a collection of numerous autographed shirts that I don't know what to do with! Having said that my daughter has her newly created one hanging from the picture rail.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!