Saturday 4 June 2011

Trunk Call

30daysofcreativity

Working through my tin of mini stitching projects, I came across this one which was from a cross-stitch magazine in 2005, celebrating the release of the Disney Heffalump movie. I do not really approve of what Walt’s lot did to Pooh. The books should be read by Alan Bennett, not made into silly Americanised cartoons!

DSCF1703

What always intrigues me abut cross-stitch pieces is the way that you do all the crosses, and the design isn’t really clear – it is only the definition of the final outlining back stitch that makes the picture look so good.

Look at the difference [forgot flash on one photo, sorry!]

DSCF1698

DSCF1705

This will probably be made into a birthday card, I think. I have been looking at my diary – this creativity thing has been manageable whilst we have been on holiday – quite how I shall keep it up when I am back to teaching/church responsibilities next week, I have no idea! Mags has a lovely post about her diverse creative activity.

[btw, why did Brits once refer to long-distance phone calls as trunk calls?]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!