Thursday 15 March 2012

Pray For Belgium

Tomorrow I am going on a School Trip. I will be travelling on a coach with a class of children and two other teachers to Birmingham. Such trips – day trips and residential trips – happen every day for children throughout the developed world. I am looking forward to the experience- but my heart is also aching for Belgium.

belgian mothers

I weep for those families whose children left, full of excitement – and never completed the journey home. I cannot comprehend what they are going through. The anticipation of a joyful homecoming turning into the anguish as they wait for news  - the distress of parents seeing their injured children - the relief of those who realise their children are among those rescued safely – and the grief of such sudden bereavement, the loss of so many young lives.

A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping,Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more.

May God comfort and strengthen the people of Belgium in their sadness, and may they know his presence and peace

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I join you in prayer. Heartbreaking.
    Let us know about your trip, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a teacher who used to be THE school trip person, and now as a mum, I can't even watch this news. Too engulfing. Wordless prayer is my only response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just so very sad. All we can do is to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is very sad Angela, I can't begin to imagine how those parents must be feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so tragic.

    The same day in Ethiopia I read that 18 people were shot on a coach. It's a painful world.

    Come Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!